Thursday, September 30, 2010

ShipWrecked

I have two classes that are making a ship for their exhibition coming at the end of October. We made the ship armature out of wire and branches then we made a paste (flour and water) to glue the newspaper strips around the inside and out.
It's been a blast! "This is the best feeling ever, the best time of my life", my students would say. When I was younger paper machie was one of my favorite ways to make a sculpture. I'm so glad I've been able to share it with others.
We have great plans for our ship, which may look a little ship wreaked at the moment. Later after she is dry and painted she will hang in the Gallery space with our rag dolls and maybe sail off to "fairy land" says, my five year old student Lily.









Thanks to the Moms and Grandmas who helped build our ship. It's been so much fun with the Artstart classes. If you have any ideas for future projects please leave a comment or email them to me at arthousenoblesville@hotmail.com

No comments: